Greek Υogurt beetroot salad (a Greek delicacy)
Pantzarosalata is a traditional Greek delicacy, that combines perfectly the superb taste of the Greek yogurt and the sweetness of the beetroots! A great healthy salad that will amaze both your kids and yourself as a starter!
- 500-600gr/17-21oz/1.1-1.3lb beetroots (about 5 medium sized beetroots)
- 400gr/14oz Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 walnut kernels, crushed
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Wash the beetroots and boil them for 25-30 minutes in high heat so that they are softened enough for the recipe. Let them aside for a few minutes to cool down.
Next, peel the beetroots, and chop them into 0.5cm/0.2inch cubes. Put them in a large bowl along with the Greek yogurt, the crushed walnuts and garlic. Stir until the ingredients are combined. Then start pouring the olive oil and next the wine vinegar, while continue stirring. They will be incorporated
Add the salt and stir once more before serving. Kali oreksi!
1. You can buy ready-cooked (boiled) beetroots in the super market if you have limited time. However, if you use fresh beetroots the taste is better!
2. Try this recipe only with Greek yogurt, otherwise the result will be watery.
3. Only serve this dish cool. You can keep it in the fridge for a day or two. Stir before serving.
4. This recipe is used mainly as an appetizer / starter.
5. You can serve it with toasted bread on the side.
Did you like this recipe?
Enter your email and get more authentic recipes like this, as soon as they're published; directly in your mailbox.
Plus: FREE printable PDFs for your kitchen with the seasonal veggies & fruits and more!