Amazing Spinach Salad with Bacon and Raisins
This salad is a unique combination of simple, tasty ingredients! Along with the toasted bread and the bacon, you can also enjoy it as a main dish. You can easily make it in a few minutes and it's ideal for any occasion.
- 250gr/9oz spinach leaves, rinsed and cut
- 120gr/4.2oz (8 slices) bacon
- 8 slices french loaf, 1-2cm/0.4-0.8inch thick
- 15-20gr/0.5-0.7oz (4 teaspoons) pine nuts
- 40gr/1.4oz (4 teaspoons) golden raisins
For the dressing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Preparation: Put the bacon in a large non-stick frying pan, on medium to high heat and cook it for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove and cut in thin stripes or small squares.
Put the spinach in a large bowl and put the bacon, the pine nuts and the raisins on top.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour the dressing in the salad.
Place the bread on the top oven rack and broil for 1-2 minutes per side at 200 degrees Celsius (390 Fahrenheit).
Serve the salad with the grilled bread on top.
1. Omit the bacon, if you are a vegetarian.
2. You can replace the bacon with any other smoked cold cuts.
3. You can mix the spinach with the dressing first and then add the rest of the ingredients on top.
4. If you don't want to use a baking pan, you can put some baking paper on your oven rack, to broil the bread.