Juicy pork steaks with wine and honey
When we think of "...pork steaks", we all have in mind those juicy steaks we have just removed from the barbeque.
Well,they can be cooked in various other ways.
A very tasty way we suggest,is with wine, honey and balsamic vinegar. The result is superb!
- 2 large pork blade shoulder steaks, about 600-700gr/21-24.5oz or 1.4-1.5lb
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 60ml olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 180ml white wine (3/4 cup)
- 60ml balsamic vinegar (1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of mustard (mild)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano (or 2 tablespoons dried)
- 1 pinch of thyme
Put the olive oil in a deep fry pan, and heat it on medium to high heat.
When hot, add the steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes turning them once or twice.
Add the garlic and cook for 3 more minutes.
Then add the wine, the vinegar, the honey, the thyme,the oregano and the mustard. Stir well and reduce the heat to medium-low, turning the steaks from time to time.
Cook for another 14-15 minutes until you get a thick result.
Place the steak in a large plate with some mashed potatoes on the side. Garnish with the sauce.
1. If the side dish is mashed potatoes it's better to start the cooking by boiling the potatoes (it takes a bit longer) and then continue with the cooking of the steaks. This way you will have both dishes ready at the same time.
2. If you prefer the steaks medium-rare then reduce the cooking time at the final stage from 14-15 minutes to 10.
Did you like this recipe?
Enter your email and get more authentic recipes like this, as soon as they're published; directly in your mailbox.
Plus: FREE printable PDFs for your kitchen with the seasonal veggies & fruits and more!