Lettuce salad with eggs, kalamata olives and anchovies
A green salad which includes anchovies and eggs, making it a full, light and tasty meal by itself! A Mediterranean taste really easy to prepare!
- 25-30gr/0.9-1oz anchovies (6-7 fillets), cut in half
- 2 large eggs, hard boiled, cut in four
- 30gr/1oz (5-6 olives) Kalamata olives, cut in pieces
- 200gr/7oz (3-4 leafs) iceberg lettuce, cut in pieces by hand
- 150gr/5.3oz (5-6 leafs) classic lettuce leafs (loose-leaf), cut in pieces by hand
For the sauce:
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
Put the lettuce pieces in a large bowl.
In another bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients until smooth.
Keep 1-2 tablespoons from the sauce and pour the rest in the bowl with the lettuce.
Mix well to spread the sauce in all the lettuce and then add the anchovies, the eggs and the olives on top.
Pour the rest of the sauce kept aside, on top of the salad. Kali oreksi!
You may ommit the anchovies if you don't like them; the salad will have a different also interesting result. You may also add tuna instead of the anchovies, again with a diffrent result in taste.