How to make perfect rice
Rice is a very nutritious food. It can be served either as a side dish or a main dish. It's very easy to make and has a thousand uses. Let's see how to make the perfect rice at home!
- 250ml (1 cup) of long-grain rice*
- 750ml (3 cups) of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 bouillon/stock cube of beef (preferably - you can also use vegetables stock)
for Basmati and other medium or small grain rice, use only 630ml (2 1/2 cups) of water.
Preparation: Put the rice in a bowl with water and let it soak for 30 minutes. Rinse before using it.
Pour the water in a small non-stick pot, add the rice, the stock cube and the salt. Put it on high heat.
Once the water starts simmering, reduce the heat to low and stir carefully from time to time.
The rice is ready once the water is absorbed.
1. Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese and it's the ideal meal. Light and tasty!
2. The perfect side dish for any meat.
3. As mentioned, you should prefer a non-stick pot to avoid any rice sticking on the bottom. You can also add 1 tablespoon of olive oil while simmering, to help avoiding any stickines and improve the taste.
4. Use only 2 1/2 cups of water in case of medium and small grain rice like Basmati, Arborio, etc. In such cases also avoid often stirring and keep the heat low.