Sensational potato salad with roasted red peppers
It's amazing how easy a potato salad can taste so different just by adding roasted red peppers! It's very tasty and you can serve it either as a starter or a main dish! (see Tips section below)
- 600-800gr/21.2-28.2oz/1.3-1.75lb potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces (4-5cm/1.5-2inches thick)
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 red italian sweet peppers (use the common red bell peppers if you cannot find them)
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons of caper
For the sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of wine vinegar
Preparation: Wash the red peppers and put them for 15' in the oven (at 220 degrees Celsius/420 Fahrenheit, turning them once) or in a non-stick frying pan for 5'.
Peel them carefully, after they cool down a bit, remove the tops and the seeds from the interior and chop them in small pieces, about 2cm/0.8inch thick.
Boil the potatoes in slightly salted water (use high heat) for 20'. Once ready (you must be able to pierce them easily with a fork), remove them form the water and leave them aside to cool. Start preparing the sauce: In a small bowl mix all the ingredients and stir very well until smooth.
Put the potatoes in a large bowl, adding the onions, the spring onions, the peppers, half the parsley and the caper. Season with salt and add the sauce. Stir carefully. Serve seasoned with the rest of the parsley. Enjoy!
1. This recipe can also be served as a main dish just by adding a hard boiled egg cut into wedges or canned tuna.
2. If you want a lighter taste (for those who don't eat mayonnaise or are on diet), you can replace the suggested sauce, with some olive oil and wine vinegar.