Spinach Salad with arugula, halloumi cheese and sweet balsamic sauce with mustard
A beautiful green salad, made of spinach, arugula and walnuts that is intensified by the special taste of the Cypriot halloumi cheese and is completed by a unique sauce with balsamic vinegar, mustard and honey!
- 150gr/5.3 fresh spinach
- 1/2 bunch of arugula (garden rocket / eruca), about 80-100gr/2.8-3.5oz
- 100gr/3.5oz halloumi cheese cut into cubes 2-3cm/1inch thick
- 6-7 walnuts (the kernels), crashed
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the sauce
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Preparation: Wash the spinach thoroughly, cut and keep only the leaves. Wash and clean carefully the arugula, cut it into 6-7cm (2.5 inches) long pieces.
Combine the spinach, the arugula and the walnuts. Season with salt. Add the olive oil in small frying pan and put it on medium to high heat. Flour the halloumi cubes and saute for 1 minute until they get golden brown. Leave them aside.
1. This salad is perfect on the side of any roasted/grilled meat.
2. If you're on a diet, you can have this salad as a main dish along with some toasted bread.
3. You may need more or less honey, oil or vinegar for the sauce. The taste depends on the acidity or the sweetness of your ingredients. So try the sauce and correct its final taste by adding some more of the ingredients if needed.