Thai shrimps with noodles and coconut milk
Thai cuisine is one of the most popular, and for a very good reason! The specific recipe is full of aromas and tastes, it's quick and easy to make, and you 'll definiteley enjoy it...
- 400-500gr/14-17oz/1lb shrimp tails, rinsed peeled and deveined
- 120gr/4oz onion (1 medium sized), finely chopped
- 140gr/5oz red bell pepper (1 medium sized), finely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30gr/1oz parsley or fresh coriander (1/3 bunch), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 125gr/4.5oz (1/2 common package) rice noodles
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground red chilli (optional)
- salt, pepper
Put a small pot with 250ml (1 cup) of water on medium to high heat. Add a bit of salt and wait until it starts to boil. At this point, reduce the heat to medium-low, add the garlic, the onion, the pepper, the coriander, the cumin, the bay leaf and the chilli (if you prefer a spicier dish). Let them cook for about a minute and then add the shrimps.
Cook for 4 minutes and then add the coconut milk, the fish sauce, the lemon juice and the noodles and cook for 4 more minutes, stirring often.
Once the noodles are cooked as much as you like, remove from heat and add the parsley or fresh coriander. Give it another stir, add some fresh ground pepper and serve. Enjoy!