Veal escalopes with delicious rosemary cream
Escalopes is the veal fillet, cut in thin slices (1-1,5cm thick), beaten with a mallet or prepared with a rolling pin to make them more tender. It's a very popular method for cooking veal, because this way the meat is cooked fast and can be used for various combinations.
Escalopes are also known as Scallops in the US, or Scaloppine in italian dishes. Escalopes are often used to make Schnitzels.Our recipe, is easy to make, it's fast and delicious. Let's cook!
- 4 veal escalopes (about 600gr/21oz/1.3lb)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margerine (50gr/1.7oz)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (30ml)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon dry rosemary
- 1 handfull (10gr/0.5oz) parsley, finely chopped
- salt, pepper
Add salt and pepper to the flour, and coat the escalopes with the mix.
Add the butter and the olive oil in a large frying pan, and put it on medium to high heat. Once the oil and the butter are hot, add 2 escalopes and fry 2-2,5 minutes per side. Remove them and keep them in a baking pan in the oven (set at 100 degrees Celsius / 210 Fahrenheit).
Using a wooden spatula remove any thick remaing pieces from the bottom of the pan and add the other 2 escalopes. Cook them the same way and then put them in the oven with the other two escalopes.
Remove again any thick remains from the frying pan, and add the wine.
Deglaze with the spatula (scrap off the remains)and add the rosemary. Let most of the wine to evaporate (about 4 minutes) and add the lemon.
Cook for 1 minute and then add the cream. Stir, add the parsley, salt and pepper. Continue stirring until the sauce slightly thickens.
Put each escalope on a plate, serve the cream on top, and add some boiled/steamed vegetables on the side. You can also serve with rice or french fries.
1. If you are using fresh rosemary, then you will need to double the quantity.
2. If you prefer your meat medium, then fry for only 1 minute per side.